Alexander H. Arzeno, MD, is a fellowship-trained spine surgeon specializing in comprehensive spinal surgical care. He treats all spinal conditions, from the neck through the lower back, and specializes in less invasive and motion-sparing techniques.
Dr. Arzeno attended medical school at Yale University. He is passionate about helping patients regain mobility and decided to pursue training in Orthopaedic Surgery. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Stanford University where he published multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals and textbook chapters in spine surgery. He also presented his original work at national and international conferences. He then completed additional fellowship training in complex spine surgery at the world-renowned Emory University Spine Center.
Dr. Arzeno is trained in surgical interventions, but strongly believes that surgery should be undergone only after all non-operative measures have failed. Dr. Arzeno understands that each patient’s specific condition is unique and will work with each patient to create tailored treatments in the least invasive manner possible. He will work collaboratively with you on an individualized treatment plan based on your specific goals to get you back to the activities you enjoy.
Institution: Yale University School of Medicine
Institution: Stanford University Hospitals and Clinics
Program: Fellowship in Spine Surgery
Institution: Emory University
Program: Board Eligible
Institution: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
AO Spine North America
Services + Specialties
- Cervical & thoracic myelopathy
- Cervical disc replacement
- Cervical spine
- Disc herniation
- Lumbar spine
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Navigation-assisted surgery
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- Spinal spondylolisthesis
- Spinal stenosis
- Thoracic spine
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide you the best care, it is important that you bring the following items to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- A list of your current medications
- Any and all x-ray, MRI’s and or reports if available
- Insurance information and card
- Some insurance carriers require you have a referral or primary care authorization before treatment is given. Please check with your carrier.
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past
- Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
- New Patients: please download a patient registration form below and bring a completed copy with you for your visit.
In order to complete any outstanding paperwork and/or process any required changes to your patient information, we ask that you come to our office at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.