James D. Bruckner, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. His clinical interests include the reconstruction and preservation of the hip and knee, as well as orthopedic oncology, including adult and pediatric musculoskeletal tumor surgery.
Dr. Bruckner completed both his undergraduate and graduate work at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Mathematics and earning magna cum laude honors from the medical school. He completed his residency and served as a clinical instructor in orthopaedics with the U.S. Navy. His fellowship training was completed at Seattle at Children’s Hospital and the University of Washington. While at U.W., he was an associate professor in the Department of Orthopaedics, served as Director of the hip and knee replacement service and developed the total-joint fellowship program.
Dr. Bruckner has received numerous honors, awards, and peer recognition. He was Chairman of the Overlake Hospital Department of Orthopaedics from 2006 through 2010.
He is married with three grown sons. He is an avid gardener and musician, and he enjoys both skiing and waterskiing.
Institution: Creighton University School of Medicine
Institution: US Navy Naval Hospital Oakland
Program: Fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery
Institution: University of Washington Medical Center
Program: Board Certified
Institution: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Services + Specialties
- Hip arthroscopy
- Joint replacement
- Orthopaedic oncology
- Trauma & fracture Care
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide you the best care, it is important that you bring the following items to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- A list of your current medications
- Any and all x-ray, MRI’s and or reports if available
- Insurance information and card
- Some insurance carriers require you have a referral or primary care authorization before treatment is given. Please check with your carrier.
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past
- Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
- New Patients: please download a patient registration form below and bring a completed copy with you for your visit.
In order to complete any outstanding paperwork and/or process any required changes to your patient information, we ask that you come to our office at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.